Enough of the chatter it’s now time to get serious
I’m hoping this year’s exciting activities will keep you awake and eager for more, however as we all know our partners nearly always fall asleep when we are watching TV, of course we never do that do we!
But to make sure, can everyone with a smart or even not so smart phone set their alarm to go off at 11 am. Nice and loud please as our hearing’s not quite as good as it was.
For the love of vodka
You wish to send your Russian friend a Merry Christmas in Russian, you have changed the keyboard from QWERTY to Russian but have lost the key template.
Which keys do you press on the QWERTY key board to spell “Merry Christmas” in Russian?
Below are 8 storage media and below that their timeline from when they were created to today, match the numbers to the letters.
- Floppy Disk
- Hard Disk Drives
- Magnetic Tape
There is one storage media medium missing, write it in the last circle
Remember last year finding that pesky Robin, well this year try finding the Panda
Due to Population explosion Santa has had to increase the number of Reindeer that pull the bigger sleigh, start off by naming the original 8 and then come up with another 2 more names.
Please write your names on a piece of paper (HORROR) and pass them to someone who looks as if they know what is going on, and we’ll pop them up on a screen for a popular vote.
Match the countries to the Christmas treats, and what are they?
Chili – Spain – England – France – Germany – Philippines – New Zealand – Caribbean – Hungary – Danish
|Pan De Pascua|
|Bûche De Noël|
Spot the difference
There are 10 differences in these two images, see if you can find them all.
Christmas Crackers Jokes
Here’s a few beauties, see if you can find another 2 and share them with your table.
- What is Santa’s favourite pizza? – One that’s deep pan, crisp and even
- How do snowmen get around? – They ride an icicle.
- Who hides in the bakery at Christmas? – A mince spy
- What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations? – Tinsillitis
- What do they sing at a snowman’s birthday party? – Freeze a jolly good fellow
Here’s a few brain teasers for you to find out about:
- What date is Christmas Day in Russia?
- What is the name of Ebenezer Scrooge’s partner, from the play, A Christmas Carol?
- Where and when did Boxing Day Originate?
- Kris Kringle was the lead character in which movie?
- Kwanzaa is a festival that starts on Dec 26th, which country celebrates this festival?
- Henry Cole was a civil servant, what did he contribute to the Christmas spirit?
- Who recorded the song “I’m dreaming of a White Christmas” and what film was it from?
- How much food do all Santa’s reindeers eat delivering the presents over one day?
- Mistletoe and kisses – why?
- Which drinks company used advertisements featuring a happy, smiling Santa Claus?
Someone lost the original picture, can you put it together by creating a table 4 x 4 squares with the number of the correct piece in each square.
Alphabetised – trying saying this after a few glasses of bubbles
Match a computer term to each letter of the alphabet:
Here’s a starter:
A – App
That Nanny state again
On his Australian delivery service, due to falling Reindeer poo spoiling peoples clothes hanging from their washing lines, Santa is restricted to fly from capital city to capital city when using his Big Sledge-Double. From these places he can use his smaller sledge.
Using Google maps can you calculate the distance he flies from capital airport to capital airport starting from Hobart Airport and returning there when he has finished?
It’s sing along with Santa
Go to Google and type in YouTube. Find and play a Christmas you tube (video) song with the words Christmas and
Boomer – Ripper – Barbeque – Surfing – Holden ute and Mangoes
Make ‘em laugh
Using YouTube – Find a funny Australian advertisement for a Christmas product that you’d like to share
The Aussie Touch
Using YouTube – find and play the song Santa swapped his sleigh for a surfboard.
Who were his surfing friends?
How many different Santa’s were there in the clip