Apple iPads, iPhones and Apps
Check out this information about iPads, iPhones and Apps.
If you wish to contact us go to the Homepage of this website and click on Help!
Our Phone/Tablet Group will meet again at 9.30 am on the last Monday of the month. Usually the Apple and Android groups meet separately. Hope to see you there!
NB: the text in blue is a link! Just click on these links to access information, interesting sites and videos!
Facebook Pages that are worth following:
- ABC South East NSW
- Eurobodalla Shire Council
- South Coast Community Support
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- The Beagle
- Batemans Bay Notice Board
- Moruya Notice Board
- ABC News
Facebook is a wonderful tool for sharing posts. For posts or articles you wish to keep: Tap Share – Change the audience to Only Me.
Facebook allows you to view news posts (articles/information) that are more often posted and updated.
It increasingly used to inform public of events & may be short term and is interactive , and you can comment!
Click here to learn how to make your page private.
Charmaine’s notes – click to enlarge
- There’s so much more to Facebook – page 1
- There’s so much more to Facebook – page 2
- Facebook Privacy Settings on a Mobile Device
- Facebook Mobile Basics
These documents may also be of help:
- Messenger – Share messages, photos and videos with yourself (for future
- reference) and others on Apple or Android devices and computer.
- Google Keep – create notes, create to-do lists, sync between your computer and phone!
- Touchscreen Home Button on iPhone, iPad. So easy. So helpful! Click here to watch Adding the Home Button
- Customize Control Centre on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Manage your iCloud storage – make more space available in iCloud.
- Learn about iPads, iPhones and apps on YouTube. There are just a few of the thousands of tutorials available on YouTube. If your tablet isn’t featured here, search YouTube for your model!
- How to backup an Apple iPhone or iPad to iCloud.
- Accessibility Options on your phone or iPad. Powerful assistive features are built into iPad to complement your vision, hearing, motor skills, learning, and literacy.
- Voice Dictation on the iPhone and iPad. Instantly convert speech to text when using Notes, Pages and Safari – look for the microphone in the keyboard!
- The Notes app – an extremely useful app – Create a checklist, format a note, add an attachment, add a photo or video or scan a document in Notes!
- Using the Apple Pencil
- The Google Calendar
- The Emergency+ App is a free app developed by Australia’s emergency services and their Government and industry partners. The app uses GPS functionality built into smart phones to help a Triple Zero (000) caller provide critical location details required to mobilise emergency services.
- First Aid App The Australian Red Cross First Aid App is a free, comprehensive pocket guide to first aid and CPR, giving you access to the most up to date First Aid information anytime, anywhere.
- Set up your Medical ID in the Health App on your iPhone
- FuelCheck is an online tool providing real-time fuel price information covering every service station across NSW. FuelCheck enables NSW motorists to:
- Find the cheapest fuel being sold anywhere in NSW
- Get directions to any service station in NSW
- Search for fuel by type (E10, Regular, LPG, etc) or brand
- Submit a complaint to NSW Fair Trading if the price at the pump doesn’t match what is shown on FuelCheck.
In addition to being available as a website at www.fuelcheck.nsw.gov.au. The app version includes all of the popular website functions with multiple new features including a Favourite Station function where you can set up alerts for when your preferred fuel drops below a certain threshold at your favourite service station. The My Trip feature helps you locate the cheapest fuel along the route of your frequent or longer journeys.