Apple iPads, iPhones and Apps
Check out this information about iPads, iPhones and Apps.
You need to be a Facebook member to view our Facebook page.
Talk to us if you need some advice.
Thinking about using Facebook but don’t know where to begin?
These links may be of help:
- Create a Facebook Account
- Facebook Basics Tutorial for Beginners & Seniors
- Learn Facebook Easy Video Tutorial 101 How to Basics – Simplified Simple Beginners & Dummies Guide Facebook’s Privacy Basics
- Facebook for Seniors
Learning about iPads, iPhones and apps on YouTube
Here are just a few of the thousands of tutorials available on YouTube. If your tablet isn’t featured here, have a search on YouTube for your model!
Please note: there is often an advertisement before the video begins.
Sometimes you can click on skip this add after a few seconds – see bottom right corner for this option.
- Google Photos Tutorial 2016
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Maps 2017 Tutorial
- Pixlr Editor 2017 Tutorial
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Search Basics and Tips and Tricks
- Google SketchUp Basics Tutorial 2016
Update to iOS 11
iOS 11 makes your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch more powerful, personal, and intelligent than ever before. Here’s how to update – https://support.apple.com/en-au/ios/update
Apple Support – Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
iOS 11 – Files App
iOS 11 – New iPad Features
iOS 11 – Interface & Control Centre
iOS 11 – Camera App
iOS 11 – Screenshot
Some interesting YouTube videos:
- A Guided Tour of the iPad
- 50+ Tips and Tricks for the iPad Pro
- 5 of the best iPad Pro apps
- iPad Pro – How to Use Split Screen | H2TechVideos
- Apple Pencil: A Guided Tour
- iMovie on iPad 2017 Tutorial
- How to Delete Photos From Your iPad
Want to transfer photos between devices?
Designed to be the perfect companion for your iPhone, the iXpand Flash Drive offers an easy way to free up space on your iPhone, automatically backs up your camera roll, and even lets you watch popular-format videos straight from the drive4. The drive has both a flexible Lightning connector that works with most cases and a USB 3.0 connector to plug into your Mac computer or PC so you can easily move your stuff where you want it.
- SanDisk – iXpand 64GB USB 3.0/Lightning Flash Drive Unboxing and Review
- SanDisk iXpand Review | English | NewGadgets.
Some Interesting Apps
Find out what’s in the packaged food you’re eating and help make healthier choices for you and your family. Get immediate, easy-to-understand information about packaged food products as well as a list of similar foods that are healthier choices.
- Scan – Use the autofocus camera on a supported smartphone or tablet to scan a packaged food’s barcode to get easy-to-understand nutritional information.
View results as either traffic-light style or Health Star Rating (HSR) labels. Both modes deliver results for energy, saturated fat, sugar, and salt so you can see at a glance how healthy the food item is.
If you’re in GlutenSwitch mode, you’ll also get an indication of whether the scanned food product contains gluten or not.
- How FoodSwitch works – FoodSwitch comes with handy filters to suit different health needs.
If you’re using the SaltSwitch, EnergySwitch, FatSwitch or SugarSwitch filters, the healthier choices listed must also have a lower amount of the relevant nutrient (salt, kilojoules, saturated fat, and total sugar respectively) than the product you scanned.
- Switch – When you scan a food product you’ll also get a list of healthier choices you can switch to.
FrogID – The Australian Museum
Just recently released this is a national citizen science project that is helping us learn more about what is happening to Australia’s frogs. All around the country, people are recording frog calls with nothing more than a smartphone. Discover more about this ground-breaking project and sign up to get involved.
For further information see the website: https://www.frogid.net.au/
The website is a great resource for information about frogs!
Create a group to contribute to FrogID. A great school holiday activity!
Fuel Check App
FuelCheck is an online tool providing real-time fuel price information covering every service station across NSW.
FuelCheck enables NSW motorists to:
- Find the cheapest fuel being sold anywhere in NSW
- Get directions to any service station in NSW
- Search for fuel by type (E10, Regular, LPG, etc) or brand
- Submit a complaint to NSW Fair Trading if the price at the pump doesn’t match what is shown on FuelCheck.
In addition to being available as a website at www.fuelcheck.nsw.gov.au. The app version includes all of the popular website functions with multiple new features including a Favourite Station function where you can set up alerts for when your preferred fuel drops below a certain threshold at your favourite service station. The My Trip feature helps you locate the cheapest fuel along the route of your frequent or longer journeys.
Field Guide to NSW Fauna
Explore and identify the unique and diverse fauna of NSW with a free app developed by the Australian Museum. It is one of a suite of apps produced by museums for every State and Territory in Australia.
Field Guide to NSW Fauna is a valuable tool for anyone with an interest in wildlife. Use it in urban, bush and coastal environments to learn more about the animals around you. This FREE mobile app is the most comprehensive guide to NSW wildlife available with more than 1000 species including birds, mammals, fish, amphibians, reptiles, spiders, crustaceans and insects.
- Browse over 1000 species including birds, mammals, fishes, amphibians, reptiles, insects, arachnids and more.
- Discover detailed species descriptions including conservation statuses
- See stunning images of every species
- View maps of recorded observations