Apple iPads, iPhones and Apps
Check out this information about iPads, iPhones and Apps.
Our Phone/Tablet Group will meet again on 9.30 am 30th November. Hope to see you there!
Please contact us by going to the Homepage of this website and clicking on the Help button.
The ACT Apple Users Group is also a wonderful resource
and usually come to the Moruya Golf Club 4 times a year for meetings.
For further information see their website.
Please note: the text in blue is a link! Just click on these links to access information, interesting sites and videos!
Click here for the iPad User Guide Apple Support Update to the latest version of iOS
Check out the current operating system: https://www.apple.com/au/ipados/ipados-preview/
Click here to learn how to make your page private.
These documents on our EuroSCUG homepage may be of help:
- Using Messenger – no need to have a Facebook account!
Share messages, photos and videos with others on Apple or Android devices.
You can also share on using your Facebook page on you computer!
- Using Google Keep – create notes, create to-do lists, sync between your computer and phone!
- Add Touchscreen Home Button on iPhone, iPad. So easy. So helpful! Click here to watch Adding the Home Button
- Customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Manage your iCloud storage – make more space available in iCloud
- Accessibility Options on your phone or iPad. Powerful assistive features are built into iPad to complement your vision, hearing, motor skills, learning, and literacy.
- How to Use Voice Dictation on the iPhone and iPad. Instantly convert speech to text when using Notes, Pages and Safari – look for the microphone in the keyboard!
- Dictation on iPad or iPhone video from the SyncSisters
- Update your device – https://support.apple.com/en-au/ios/update
- Apple Support – Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- The Files App – YouTube
- Learning about iPads, iPhones and apps on YouTube. Here are just a few of the thousands of tutorials available on YouTube. If your tablet isn’t featured here, search YouTube for your model!
Please note: there is often an advertisement before the video begins. Sometimes you can click on skip this add after a few seconds – see bottom right corner for this option. YouTube videos are very informative!
- Google Photos Tutorial
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Maps
- Using Snapseed for editing photos
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Search Basics and Tips and Tricks
- Google SketchUp Basics Tutorial
- A Guided Tour of the iPad
- 50+ Tips and Tricks for the iPad Pro
- 5 of the best iPad Pro apps
- Apple Pencil: A Guided Tour
- How to Delete Photos From Your iPad
- The Notes app – an extremely useful app – Create a checklist, format a note, add an attachment, add a photo or video or scan a document in Notes!
- Using the Apple Pencil
- How to use Apple Pencil on iPad Pro 2017
- Share and work on files with your friends
- Some great Health Apps based on Amanda’s list
- The whole Apple Insider YouTube channel might be useful – just click & subscribe. Thank you Peter for this link!
- Do you want to transfer photos between devices?
Designed to be the perfect companion for your iPhone, the iXpand Flash Drive offers an easy way to free up space on your iPhone, automatically backs up your camera roll, and even lets you watch popular-format videos straight from the drive4. The drive has both a flexible Lightning connector that works with most cases and a USB 3.0 connector to plug into your Mac computer or PC so you can easily move your stuff where you want it.
Best free iPad Apps – gizmo’s site
The Emergency+ app is a free app developed by Australia’s emergency services and their Government and industry partners.
The app uses GPS functionality built into smart phones to help a Triple Zero (000) caller provide critical location details required to mobilise emergency services.
The Australian Red Cross First Aid App is a free, comprehensive pocket guide to first aid and CPR, giving you access to the most up to date First Aid information anytime, anywhere.
Set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone
More Interesting Apps to Install
Find out what’s in the packaged food you’re eating and help make healthier choices for you and your family. Get immediate, easy-to-understand information about packaged food products as well as a list of similar foods that are healthier choices.
- Scan – Use the autofocus camera on a supported smartphone or tablet to scan a packaged food’s barcode to get easy-to-understand nutritional information.
View results as either traffic-light style or Health Star Rating (HSR) labels. Both modes deliver results for energy, saturated fat, sugar, and salt so you can see at a glance how healthy the food item is.
If you’re in GlutenSwitch mode, you’ll also get an indication of whether the scanned food product contains gluten or not.
- How FoodSwitch works – FoodSwitch comes with handy filters to suit different health needs.
If you’re using the SaltSwitch, EnergySwitch, FatSwitch or SugarSwitch filters, the healthier choices listed must also have a lower amount of the relevant nutrient (salt, kilojoules, saturated fat, and total sugar respectively) than the product you scanned.
- Switch – When you scan a food product you’ll also get a list of healthier choices you can switch to.
FrogID – The Australian Museum
Just recently released this is a national citizen science project that is helping us learn more about what is happening to Australia’s frogs. All around the country, people are recording frog calls with nothing more than a smartphone. Discover more about this ground-breaking project and sign up to get involved.
FuelCheck is an online tool providing real-time fuel price information covering every service station across NSW.
FuelCheck enables NSW motorists to:
- Find the cheapest fuel being sold anywhere in NSW
- Get directions to any service station in NSW
- Search for fuel by type (E10, Regular, LPG, etc) or brand
- Submit a complaint to NSW Fair Trading if the price at the pump doesn’t match what is shown on FuelCheck.
In addition to being available as a website at www.fuelcheck.nsw.gov.au. The app version includes all of the popular website functions with multiple new features including a Favourite Station function where you can set up alerts for when your preferred fuel drops below a certain threshold at your favourite service station. The My Trip feature helps you locate the cheapest fuel along the route of your frequent or longer journeys.
Explore and identify the unique and diverse fauna of NSW with a free app developed by the Australian Museum. It is one of a suite of apps produced by museums for every State and Territory in Australia.
Field Guide to NSW Fauna is a valuable tool for anyone with an interest in wildlife. Use it in urban, bush and coastal environments to learn more about the animals around you. This FREE mobile app is the most comprehensive guide to NSW wildlife available with more than 1000 species including birds, mammals, fish, amphibians, reptiles, spiders, crustaceans and insects.
- Browse over 1000 species including birds, mammals, fishes, amphibians, reptiles, insects, arachnids and more.
- Discover detailed species descriptions including conservation statuses
- See stunning images of every species
- View maps of recorded observations